- Piecework – Taylor; produce more get paid more. Only applicable where volume of worker can be measured. However, can cause equity to decline as workers rush production to get more units made
- PRP – extra pay for achieving targets. Performance reviewed and bonus is in line to that. Acts to motivate staff.
- Bonus – motivate staff to meet target, creates loyalty to the workplace and raise productivity
- Profit sharing – Maslow; belonging. United workers and shareholders as they want business to improve as creates benefits for them. Only small share isn’t the most successful motivator tool
- Commission – pay for each unit produced links to Taylor. Produce more get more pay.
- Job rotation
- Job enlargement
- Flexible working
- Team working